[Oe List ...] Fw: economy's quack doctor

Janice Ulangca aulangca at stny.rr.com
Fri Nov 12 19:38:40 CST 2010

Important to be clear about implications of cuts being proposed for the USA budget.  This attached cartoon speaks.  My sense is that caring Americans need to aggressively promote priorities that fit with our values.

Recent materials from American Friends Service Committee point out that the American military is spending about $1.98 million "every single minute for war and so-called defense."  59% of the national budget goes for the Department of Defense, War, Veterans Affairs, and Nuclear Weapons programs.  The next largest categories are  6% for Health and Human Services and 6% for transportation. Then there's  4% for Education, 1% for the Environmental Protection Agency, among other categories.

Janice Ulangca