[Oe List ...] Salmon: response to NRM Charts and Video

Beret Griffith beretgriffith at charter.net
Sun Nov 14 18:51:57 CST 2010

Here is information on the NRM from the document I researched and
wrote for my MA, first published in 1992 and updated for the India
conference in 1994. A CHRONOLOGICAL HISTORY 1952-1994 - of THE
ECUMENICAL INSTITUTE and THE INSTITUTE OF CULTURAL AFFAIRS. In 2006 I
added a few things. The document in on Golden Pathways and The Repository.

New Religious Mode
JULY 1968
SUMMER RESEARCH ASSEMBLY: Research from the year was pulled together
and the New
Religious Mode (NRM) was created. Piloted the curriculum that became
the Academy. "This was when
we got up early - 3 or 4 am - in order to keep our low profile in the
community just following the April
Riots." (Troxel, 1992).

1970
COUNCIL V: Research was done on Historical Orders. Grounded the
concept and practice of "The New
Religious" through experiments with the Ecclesiola, the Odyssey, the
NRM discourses, Luke, & Spirit
Conversations. Developed the New Religious Mode (NRM), Solitaries and
NRM Songs. Experimented
with Canonical Hours

Current Situation
At one point in 2008 I started some reformatting of the document
because word processing changed dramatically between 1992 and the
present and the document needs work. I haven't worked on it since
then. I don't visit The Repository often and I am unclear if we can
actively interact with documents posted there. If that is the case,
anyone who has something to add, can do that. More eyes and additions
would be great.

The document can be a helpful reminder of what happened when. When I
was working on it memories were still pretty sharp. Now nearly twenty
years later...it becomes more challenging to call up past specifics.