[Oe List ...] [ SPAM ] Re: [Dialogue] Happy Thanksgiving

Lawrence Philbrook icalarry at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 00:12:17 CST 2010

Dear Sandra, Marilyn, Colleen et al

Thanksgiving was a celebration I missed for many years, it did not
really fit into our schedule during the replication scheme although I do
remember Charles Lingo and Linda Alton catalyzing a thanksgiving
celebration just as we were leaving Kenya for the Philippines.  I
remember celebrating with John and Ann Epps, Krishnan, Philip and Edna
in Malaysia.

Then our kids Lloyd and Lela started attending the American School in
Taipei and Thanksgiving was not only taught it was a holiday.  So we
started small invited Dick & Gail West, Gordon Harper, Peter Hu and Jo
Tai to our apartment in 1991.

Eventually it became our annual celebratory event as ICA, we invite
colleagues and clients from the diverse communities we work with to
gather and give thanks.  We usually we end up with 50 or so in the space
diverse in culture and connection to ICA it is a great time of new
connections.  Evelyn and I usually make Turkeys and fixings, curry and
stuffing etc.

This year we will be hosting the pot luck at ICA so anyone who can is
welcome to come to Taipei, because scheduling difficulties we have
postponed it to Dec 19, 1:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon.  All are welcome.

With respect, Larry