[Oe List ...] Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life

Margaret Helen Aiseayew aiseayew at netins.net
Tue Nov 23 10:08:39 CST 2010

What a delight this thanks giving from each one of us to another.  I have been long enough alone now (with my own bathroom) that I begin to think 'from time to time' that my life is measured in empty toilet paper rolls.  Now they are taking the rolls out of the toilet paper.  Searching for new ways to count, this reminder of community will do nicely.

Paula, you must have done the turkeys the years I wasn't at Kemper.  I think the most I ever did was fourteen.  When Dad and Dorothy came to visit, I think Dad was always a bit pleased that I was doing the turkeys.  (For any who don't know, this Iowa farm girl spent her years on the farm helping her father and grandfather raise turkeys and was once the cover girl on Turkey Talk magazine.  Most people have no idea how offended they should be when someone calls them a turkey.)

Since I have come back to Iowa, I have spent each Thanksgiving Day working to get out a free Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings.  We deliver to any who want a dinner.  People can come and carry out.  There are whole families (three and four generations) that come to share the common meal.  It is a joy to listen to people's stories of both times remembered and times best forgotten.  At the end of each year there has mysteriously been enough money in the basket on top of the piano to do the next year.  Abundance bouncing back.

I am continuously thankful for the abundance in my life which you all represent.
Blessings, Margaret