[Oe List ...] Salmon: Mayflower Compact

Herman Greene hfgreene at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 23 10:20:50 CST 2010

The group I was in at Lake Junaluska worked from what a prior group had
done. Here's what we came up with at Lake Junaluska:

Toward a Declaration from the Springboard Gatherings

(Lake Junaluska, NC, December 2, 2007)

In recognition of the shared journey we have had and the resource we can be
for each other and the whole Earth community, we commit ourselves to move
toward the formation of a new body for the following purposes:

*        To carry forward the legacy of profound humanness in the
experiences of the members of this body;

*        To develop the depth capacity of individuals and groups by sharing
innovative and sustaining social, economic, ecological and spirit wisdom and
methods;

*        To journey ourselves and broaden our experiences to increase our
abilities to care;

*        To engage in the life and mission of this body and participate in
developing its common life, symbols, practices and rituals;

*        To be an open community of people inclusive of multiple generations
and cultures; and

*        To sustain our members in their diverse vocations.

  _____