[Oe List ...] Mayflower Compact

Charles or Doris Hahn cdhahn at flash.net
Tue Nov 23 16:25:11 CST 2010

Hi All
Here is a copy of The Mayflower Compact.  It is from the 1951 World Almanac.
Enjoy
Charles Hahn

The Mayflower Compact
In the Name of God, Amen.  We whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects
of our dread sovereign Lord, King James, by the grace of Good, of Great Britain,
France and Ireland King, Defender of the faith, etc,.
Having Undertaken,  for the glory of God, and advancement of the Christian faith
and honor of our King and Country, a voyage to plant the first colony in the
northern parts of Virginia, so by these presents solemnly and mutually in the
presence of God, and on of  another covenant and combine ourselves together into
a civil body politic, for our better ordering and preservation and furtherance
of the ends aforesaid: and by virtue hereof  to enact, constitute and frame such
just and equal laws, ordinances, act, constitutions and offices, from time to
time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the general good of the
Colony: unto which we promise all due submission and obedience.
In witness whereof we have hereunder subscribed our names at Cape Cod the 11 of
November, (Nov. 21 new style Calendar), in the year of the reign of our
sovereign Lord, King James of England, France and Ireland the eighteenth, and of
Scotland the fifty-fourth, Ano. Dom. 1620.
John Carver
William Bradford
Edward Winslow
William Brewster