[Oe List ...] Thanksgiving Treasures

Beret Griffith beretgriffith at charter.net
Wed Nov 24 08:32:03 CST 2010

Thank you to Sandra for opening the gates of Thanksgiving. The
expressions of thanks and stories told are treasures. To add another
couple of lines to the growing body of "thanking" work, from Rabbi
Rami M. Shapiro.

"We give thanks to Life.
May we never lose touch wit the simple joy and wonder
of sharing a meal."
Taken from Earth Prayers from Around the World: 365 Prayers, Poems,
and Invocations for Honoring the Earth

It feels like we are in the midst of sharing a "cyber" Thanksgiving
meal together.

And a short story. I actually got to know Ron a bit working in the
kitchen at Kemper in November of 1975. Cooking turkeys. We were
fetching a large cooked bird from the kitchen on the 6th floor,
wheeling it down the hall on a low serving cart heading to the main
elevator, not thinking of the slight change in floor elevation (down)
when passing through the railing. The cart dipped, the turkey flew
off the cart and slid across the floor. Ron and I slipped and slid in
the grease, had a good laugh, picked up the turkey and took it down
stairs to be served.

Now I have to find my "yak tracks" to be able to navigate on the expected ice.

Beret