[Oe List ...] Very close to the indicative is the imperative

R Williams rcwmbw at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 27 13:54:00 CST 2010

I agree with the realists' intellectual assumption that there is the world as it is.  But that's what it seems to be, an assumption, based on limited experience of the reality it seeks to describe.  Who has ever experienced the world as it is without pulling it through ones own finite and limited screens and experiences.  It's not that our views and stories are wrong (although some may be), they just never tell the whole story, which is why we are continuously learning and our views and stories are constantly evolving.  If that were not true we would always do as we have always done (and always get what we always got, as the cliche goes.)  The only people who don't seem to get that are the fundamentalists, of whatever discipline.