[Oe List ...] We didn't start the fire...

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Mon Nov 29 15:48:37 CST 2010

Thanks for this, Susan. What a blast from the past!

Jann

In a message dated 11/27/2010 9:25:35 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
susan at gmdtech.com writes:

Kierkegaard  is one of the subliminal messages in this trip down memory
lane.  At the  end of the song, you can click on a tab to see the list of
subliminal  messages.  Way cool.

Susan

This  song & its title was an answer to a Final Jeopardy question--only
one person got it right.  Question  was (paraphrased) "What 1980s song do
history teachers praise for its  educational value."  Never could understand all
the references on  Billy Joel's song.  Fortunately, with this video, given
the  picture(s), we now can "see" what our "ears" couldn't hear.   Anyway,
checked to see purpose behind the song.  Apparently,  it's Joel's homage to
the 40-years of historical headlines since his  birth (1949).  Wish we could
have appreciated the depths of this  song when it was released.  Twenty
years later, it's amazing what Joel was able to put into music and  lyrics
lasting only a few minutes.

Whether you are a  Billy Joel fan or not, you probably remember his great
song, 'We Didn't  Start the Fire'.  Here it is, set to pictures.  It's a neat
 flashback through the past half century.  I never did know  all the words.
Turn up volume, sit back and enjoy a review of 50  years of history in
less  than 3 minutes!  Thanks to Billy Joel and some guy from the   University
of  Chicago  with a lot of spare  time  and _Google_
(http://www.google.com/) .   Top left gives you full screen.  Top right lets you  pause.  Bottom
left shows the year.  The  older  you are, the more pictures you will
recognize.  Anyone over age 65  should remember over 90% of what they see.  But it's
great at any  age.

Click  below:

_We Didn't Start The  Fire_ (http://yeli.us/Flash/Fire.html)